When the sun is high, and the breeze is warm, I tend to stay away from heavy meals. After all, who wants to be uncomfortably stuffed when it’s hot outside? My go-to country when the weather is on the slightly warm side would be Italy. I just love how light and airy some Italian meals can be and also super quick to make, you certainly wouldn’t find me stuck in the kitchen for hours and hours. My Grilled Bruschetta Chicken hits the right spot for all and with minimum effort too!
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 200g Plum Tomatoes (Diced)
- 4 Slices of Smoked Cheese
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- 1 tsp Dry Mixed Herbs
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper (Seasoning)
- Step 1 In a small bowl, combine oil, half the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and Italian seasoning and whisk to combine. Transfer to a large resealable bag along with chicken, seal and chill, 30 minutes.
- Step 2 Transfer chicken to a preheated grill and discard excess marinade. Grill chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and remaining lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. While chicken is still on the grill, top each breast with 1 slice of cheese and cover grill until is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Top chicken with tomato mixture and serve.
Jamie Carter | @NomadicFox